"TOC Feedback Process and Final Revisions"

 Now, I have finally completed my contents page, but I still have revisions from my peers that I will try to edit here. The platform I used to create this page is Canva, which I used for my cover, TOC, and soon a 2-page spread. For now, I will be showcasing feedback from three different peers that I found effective and will try to edit it to the best of my ability.


Peer 1: "Keep the category thing level with the big picture so it looks aesthetically pleasing..."

Current Image:


At a glance, I could see what this individual was talking about, and I decided to edit my TOC so that they were both levels. I think what this person said is to keep the part on the right more down, and not get rid of it entirely, so I decided to do that. I was not going to get rid of it entirely because, in science magazines, one of the conventions for a contents page is to have the audience know which aspect of science you are particularly going to be talking about, so they know what to expect. I moved it more down and leveled it with the image. It did look more aesthetically pleasing, so I decided to keep the change.





Peer 2: "... and the small text is difficult to read so I would consider enlarging it a bit ..."





I decided that this might be a necessary aspect to gain the reader's attention. I did just that and made the small text bigger, which I do think made the words easier to read. I feel like if I did not do this, my readers would probably overlook enticing information that I would not want them to miss out on. This is how the page looked after I enlarged the text a bit. I did not, however, enlarge the bolded text because I thought it was already big enough.



Peer 3: " You should bold the small text so that it is more visible."

I decided not to go through with that suggestion because I did not want the page to fall apart, looking like everything is equal to each other. I wanted there to be a difference in the subheading and the supporting text, so I purposely kept the text smaller than the subheading, so that they have their places. There were no more influential comments, so I decided to keep the page how it is now.


Final Page:



Comments

Popular Posts